Mt. Whitney Permit Lottery

I finished the application. I'll mail it tomorrow. There are a few things to note and a few things I was puzzled about.

Note: Permits are $15 per person, payable when you apply. I believe it is non-refundable, but could be wrong about that. There is a place to enter alternate group leaders, so list all of the the people in your party. That way if the original group leader drops out, one of the other people can still pick up the permits for the party.

The application asks for Entry Date, Exit Date, Entry Trail and Exit Trail and whether it is day use or overnight. I put the same date in each date field and the same trail for entry and exit. I hope that's correct. I know it was redundant, but I didn't want to leave anything blank and risk the application not being complete and getting rejected. There was space for 10 choices so I attached another sheet with 10 more choices. I added some Tuesdays and Thursdays just in case all of the weekend days are gone.

1 comment:

  1. I mailed the application on Feb. 1, 2011. Now we just wait and see what we get!

    ReplyDelete